This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Solved] Not enough rights?

Topics: Publishing Issue
Aug 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Hello,

got some trouble:

have domain, GPO, limited rights for user. The trouble is: original updates by MS are installing properly in time and rules set by GPO; updates created by WPP loaded properly, but they not installing automatically in background when users working, and they even do not try to install, according to logs. Only when admin is logged, these updates install.

What i'm missing?
Aug 11, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Hi ffs2201,
  • What happen if you try to install at shutdown ?
  • Have you check the checkBox "Can Request User Input" ? If yes, try without.
Aug 12, 2013 at 6:04 AM
What is the status of the update on the server : 'Not Installed' or 'Downloaded' ?
Aug 12, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Yes, right, there was some problem with one of msi's, without "Can Request User Input" it was not installing.
I'll test it and write.

Thank you for fast answer!
Aug 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Can you tell me the name the application you try to deploy ?

Thanks.
Aug 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Looks like it's OK now with all packages (i'm deploying now both Flash players, Adobe Reader, Firefox, 7zip), except Java 7.25 that i haven't tested yet.
And now i think i remember that Java was actually distributive that doesn't install without "can request user input" checkbox.
Then i found somewhere advise to use this checkbox, and looks like checked it everywhere without thinking )

Anyway, i'll test Java again and then write here.

Thanks for this soft, really great job!
Aug 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Java is istalling now, but:
  1. First time it was another computer
  2. Java installs properly but Java.cpl is not working (unhandled exception)
Looks like problem is in Java's previous versions and types of installations on local computer.
Maybe it'll be better to remove all Java installations on all mashines before starting deploying Java.

Thanks for help!
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 10/5/2013 at 5:26 AM