[Solved] Replica Server CAB Files

Topics: Publishing Issue
Oct 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Hello,

I have a domain with 4 sites. On the main site, we have the master WSUS server on which the WPP is installed. I created differents install and update packages for Adobe Reader and tested them successfully on a test group (GPO defined). I wanted to put in production on the smallest remote site and have set the packages to "Install". On the remote site i have a replica of the main server.

If i connect to the WPP console to the replica server, the folder path for the CAB file still points to the main server (but it's grey); the Id is orange but i read in another post that it was a normal behaviour. I checked the WSUS Content folder on the replica and couldn't find the CAB file. Same after a forced sync from the replica.

On the client, even if the updates are on "install", they are not detected, as their WSUS Server doesn't have the CAB files...

What did i do wrong ?

Thank you in advance for your pecious help

Best regards

The code signing certificate
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Hello, check that the certificate is in place on the replica server (Trusted Publihser and Trusted Root Authority). If not, put it in place and make a replication, wait the time for your replica server to download the cab file.
Oct 4, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Edited Oct 4, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Hello,

I checked all the certificates, and they are on both servers the same ( i checked the certificates in "Current User"). I got the printscreens if you'd like.

The main server is Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise and the replica a Windows 2003 R2 Standard, Could it be the problem ? Both are on WSUS 3.2.7600.226.

Beside that, is that normal that i see my WPP created updates only in the WPP console, and not in the WSUS one ?
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM
i checked the certificates in "Current User"
No, certificates MUST be place in "computer" stores.
Beside that, is that normal that i see my WPP created updates only in the WPP console, and not in the WSUS one ?
There is an options in 'Tools' -> 'Settings' -> 'Servers' tab : "When publishing a new update" = "Let me choose" or "Always make this update visible in Wsus Console". WPP must run on the Wsus server for these options be available.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 10/5/2013 at 5:01 AM
Oct 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
That was it... Sorry for the disturbance ! And thank you for this wonderful product !!!