[Solved] Trying Silent installs without local user as Admin

Topics: Publishing Issue
Oct 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM
So it seems that I can effectively push my content out to systems. However, that is all. They just sit there in the Windows Update space waiting to be manually installed and if you do that, you have to enter an admin account to install. I'm trying to find a way to silently install the packages without the user needing to be an admin and without any user intervention. Is this possible?
Editor
Oct 31, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Actually you do not push ;) And installing is solely handled by the Windows Update Agent Settings (defined usually via GPO). So you have to check those Settings.

Regards
Norbert
Oct 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM
All other Windows Updates install automatically when the user does a Shut Down. Are you suggesting that there is a different set of policies to handle the installs coming from WPP?
Editor
Oct 31, 2013 at 4:02 PM
No, there's no other set. So the question is, what updates are you deploying and whats logged in windowsupdate.log?

Regards
Norbert
Oct 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Right now I am just trying to deploy Java Msi updates. I am seeing this error in the windowsupdate.log: WARNING: CSerializationHelper:: InitSerialize failed : 0x80070002

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Can you send me the C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log file at package.publisher@free.fr
Nov 4, 2013 at 5:10 PM
It's working now.
Marked as answer by mattcoulter on 11/4/2013 at 10:11 AM