Java Update Evaluation

Topics: Configuration Issue
Mar 9, 2014 at 5:02 AM
Dear All,
Am testing the Publishing of Java , And I performed the steps as in the Manual, the Publishing went fine and the clients installed the updated java , but i found that after the update has been installed successfully , the update still appears that is needed by the same client, then sure when the next time i install the update it fails because the update was already installed.
My Question is why does the client evaluate that the update is still needed although it is installed ?
Mar 10, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Hi
The update checks if the MSI Product Code exists already, and every package (version, of course) has its own MSI prod. code, so if the update its installed, it doesnt appear to install.
Mar 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Albricia, you are right , but that doesnt happen in real life when i published this update, Also i found that this update is installed to computers that doesnt even have java installed
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2014 at 8:42 PM
What do you have set as IsInstalled rules and IsInstallable Rules ?
Mar 11, 2014 at 4:17 AM
I just followed the steps as in the Manual DCourtel
Mar 11, 2014 at 4:22 AM
Would you Please illustrate for me the Difference between Installed and Installable rule ?
Mar 11, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Dear All I solved the problem , the msi code that i used was wrong i modified it to the new code in the installed and installable rule wasnt correct now i modified it And it worked perfectly, but may i Ask a question
Am having a test lab to test the superseding updates:
1-Published Java 7 u 21
2- the clients detected the update as needed and the update is installed successfully
3-created a superseded update for java 7 u 51
4- the updates is detected by the clients and failed with code FFFF
Mar 11, 2014 at 10:54 AM
All,
I solved the Problem :)))
I had to move the XML file of the old package to the new ones and make a modification in it, Can I document the Superseded Updates And send it to you ?
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 3/12/2014 at 8:29 AM