[Solved] Deployment of Adobe Flash - 80070643

Topics: Publishing Issue
May 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I have published Adobe Flash Plugin using Package Publisher as per the documentation. All went well and all machines downloaded and installed the MSI. However, I have recently noticed that 2 machines that have previously successfully installed the packages are now reporting as failed.

It looks as though the packages have downloaded a second time and are trying to install again but are failing as the software is already installed.
I would be grateful for any assistance.
Editor
May 15, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Try in a administrative Commandline on a client with this problems:

net stop wuauserv
rd /s /q %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
net start wuauserv
wuauclt /detectnow
wuauclt /reportnow
Wait 10 Minutes, the client want to download and install FlashPlayer again?
Coordinator
May 15, 2014 at 9:04 PM
As many computers install the update without any problem, I will assume you have made correct "IsInstalled" and "IsInstalable" Rules.
On these 2 computers, try to uninstall completly Adobe Flash Player (use the tool from Adobe if necessary). And re-launch a detection
May 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM
DCourtel wrote:
As many computers install the update without any problem, I will assume you have made correct "IsInstalled" and "IsInstalable" Rules.
On these 2 computers, try to uninstall completly Adobe Flash Player (use the tool from Adobe if necessary). And re-launch a detection
Thanks for the feed back. I can confirm that "IsInstalled" and "IsInstalable" Rules were configured as per the documentation.

As I had problems on two machines I followed WinfriedSonntag advice for one and DCourtel advice for the other.

PC1 - DCourtel:
I uninstalled Adobe Flash Play (I had to use the Adobe Flash Player uninstall tool to remove it completely).
After relaunching a detection the problem was no longer apparent. Flash was re-applied and a failure was no longer reported.

PC2 - WinifriedSonntag:
After issuing the suggested commands the same problem was still apparent. Failure still reported.

Any ideas what may have caused the initial failure?

Thanks again
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 5/21/2014 at 12:46 PM
Editor
May 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Try for PC2 the same like on PC1. Maybe the installation from Flash Player is on both clients not ok.
May 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM
As suggested I followed the same process on PC2 as I did on PC1.
All issues are now resolved.

Thanks