This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Ruleset Editor

Topics: Enhancement Request
May 20, 2014 at 1:58 PM
I wanted to know if it's possible to make an improved editor for the rule sets.

I only get a skinny part of a window and each line takes up a lot of space. No matter what adjustments I make, I cannot get enough screen realestate to get the most out of the editor. Lately, I find I am trying to manually build rule sets with NotePad++ and then import them into the updates I'm building.

Thanks!
May 21, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Hi, can you take some screen captures and send it to package.publisher@free.fr . I would like to have a look at what you saw.
May 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Ok, I see what you mean. I agree with you. Rules' tabs are not as good as I would like it be. I need to rebuild it entirely. but not in WPP V1.
In WPP V2, I will separate "Update Level" rules and "Package Level" rules. I hope to be able to implement drag & drop. And make it clearer.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 8/1/2014 at 1:04 AM
May 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM
DCourtel wrote:
In WPP V2, I will separate "Update Level" rules and "Package Level" rules. I hope to be able to implement drag & drop. And make it clearer.
´Sounds good. ;)
Thank you for your good work. :)
Feb 27, 2015 at 5:18 PM
I second this request, it is very difficult to get an at a glance view of the rules you are inputting. It needs to be easier to 1.) input rules inside "AND" and "OR" sections; and 2.) have a larger working space so you can see complex nested groups. Currently, as soon as you go one or two levels deep, you lose the ability to see beyond 1 or 2 rules at a time. You have to constantly scroll to find where you are at.

Lastly, I believe the workflow for many of us, is that we create the rules outside of WPP (in a text editor) and then proceed to import them. If there was a way to import the XML code directly, similar to what LUP offers, that would be huge!! I hate to compare this project to LUP, since I've used both and I see the benefits in this one, but rule creation was one thing LUP did right.

Thanks for you hard work on this project and keep up the good work!! Looking forward to v2. =]