This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Solved] Best way to update WPP?

Topics: Configuration Issue, Misc.
Jul 14, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Is there a way to update WPP, while at the same time keeping the info of the updates you've published with the previous version?

I copied over the old folder with the new and my previous updates no longer show up in WPP.

Thanks,

Bill
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Bill_T wrote:
I copied over the old folder with the new and my previous updates no longer show up in WPP.
I only copied the new Files into the Folder where the old files are stored. Without any problems within one year.
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Updating WPP is simply as copying new files over older files.
Please open WPP and go to Tools-> Settings -> Updates tab and check the option "Show Locally-Published udpates ..."
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 8/1/2014 at 12:55 AM
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I figured out that copying over the old user settings file in AppData to the new version will make previous published packages show.

Might want to include a function to grab the old settings on launch of the new version. Just a suggestion. :)

Thanks,

Bill
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM
is it possible that I didn't have "Show Locally Published Updates" checked, which caused the behaviour that I worked around?
Jul 14, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Might want to include a function to grab the old settings on launch of the new version. Just a suggestion.
It's already the case. But for an unknown reason that didn't work on your computer :-(