Application hangs deleting products

Topics: Configuration Issue
Aug 13, 2014 at 8:47 AM
My Wpp version is 1.3.1407.29
I followed the steps described in this post
and now I can issue a 'delete product' command. It hangs so after some minutes I restart WPP.
Inside the Product I tried to delete there is now an update called Delete me !

What can I do ?

Thanks
Filippo
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Please, check that you didn't have set a trigger in the SQL database. (I know that some Wsus admin set such trigger to make update visible in the wsus console).
Aug 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM
The Wsus database is in the default configuration, it is the embedded or express edition which is installed with Wsus. Don't think there is a trigger, I can assure I didn't set it. The update Delete me ! is weird and cannot understand who put it there. I thought it was WPP during the delete process...
Aug 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM
So, after writing the above post I decided to try again. The product I had unsuccessfully tried to delete some days ago was reported to have two updates: weird, I was sure I deleted them. So I removed the first update, then the second and last one and the product container was automatically deleted. Don't know was wrong some days ago...in the meantime there was a server restart. Anyway it was a momentary problem.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 8/19/2014 at 12:43 PM
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 7:42 PM
There is no method in the Wsus API to delete an empty "product". So WPP use a trick to force Wsus to do a little clean up. Publishing a small file (call "Delete me") is part of this trick.
This doesn't works each time but most of the time. This method is not perfect, but it's better than nothing.
Editor
Aug 20, 2014 at 4:41 AM
DCourtel wrote:
There is no method in the Wsus API to delete an empty "product". So WPP use a trick to force Wsus to do a little clean up. Publishing a small file (call "Delete me") is part of this trick.
This doesn't works each time but most of the time. This method is not perfect, but it's better than nothing.
For me it is working very well. :)