This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Solved] Adobe Products disapear in gui

Topics: Configuration Issue
Sep 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Edited Sep 2, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Hello,
i brought the WPP to working and it works fine. Java Update was already sucsessfully with MSI. But now I have a weird problem, that the products / Packages which iam loading from the catalogs are not showing in the gui after installing. Is that Problem known?

The Clients are not founding adobe flash, reader etc. from the wsus. at the begin it shows also the adobe reader as available updates. I delete the update via the gui to test something, after that i dont can approve Adobe Updates, becaus they are not shown in the gui after instaling. Need further help.

System:

Windwos Server 2012 R2 with only WSUS installed.
Sep 3, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Hi, try to publish the update. Then go to 'Help' -> 'Send debug info' -> click on the bottom-left link 'Show informations' and send me the content of the file to package.publisher@free.fr
Sep 12, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Hello,
i have the same Problem.
I have a W2K3 Server with WSUS. Yesterday i installed WPP an configured an AdobeUpdateReader from Catalog subcribe.
The Adobe Update was shown in the gui under updates and was listet in WSUS.
Today no updates are shown under updates in the GUI in WSUS the Update is still listet but my testclients won't get the update to install.
Thes cert is generated and in use. In the gpo from domain i have activated the option to install updates from 3. party developers.

Hope you can understand what i mean (the last i need english is over 20 years ago)

Thanks in forward
Andreas
Sep 13, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Hi,
Today no updates are shown under updates in the GUI in WSUS...
This is by design. Locally-published updates are not shown, by default, in the Wsus console. There is an option to do so in WPP.
...the Update is still listet
I will assume that you mean that the update appears in WPP.
my testclients won't get the update to install
Several possibilities :
  • The update has not been approved for installation.
  • The "Test Client" is not in a computer group where the update have been approved.
  • The "Test Client" is not link to this Wsus server.
  • The "IsApplicable" rule prevent installation of this update onto this computer.
Sep 15, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Edited Sep 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Hello,

I think I expressed myself wrong.

The GUI of WPP doesn't show the catalog updates I have integrated before.
I can integrate a manual update (Flash Player) and it will be shown under updates but after a restart, the manually update is gone from the GUI.
Updates from the catalog are indeed processed but not even displayed, also without a restart of WPP.

On thurstady last week it worked (WPP + WSUS) without a restart of WPP.
WPP GUI showed the Updates.
WSUS showed the updates
In the WSUS console the Test-Client showed that he should install an update.
The Test-Client didn't download the files and didn't install the update.
But the Test-Client installed all other updates.

BTW: The GUI still doesn't show any update but in WSUS I found 4 x Adobe Flash Player Plugin as unapproved
I checked the debug info: Flash Player Update already exsist's
Sep 15, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Tested Adobe Reader: same error

The debug file told:
Will try to publish : Reader 11.0.08 Update
The update already exists.

I tested to set option never make this update visible in WSUS
but get same error when import update from catalog
Sep 18, 2014 at 6:53 AM
Solved!

The Option Show locally-Published Upadtes that are also visible in WSUS Console under Settings - Update wasn't activated.
After I had activated the option the updates were shown in the GUI.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 9/18/2014 at 3:26 AM