This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit and WSUS Package Publisher

Topics: Publishing Issue
Oct 7, 2014 at 6:11 AM
How can I integrate PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit with WSUS Package Publisher to get user interactive window box and balloon tips.

I have been trying to get to work but failing with "session 0" and script is running in "non interactive mode" as seems WSUS uses "system" account for installations.
Oct 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM
When creating your package, use the option "Can request user input".
Oct 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Thanks DCourtel, excellent it worked the way I expected "Can request user input" is the answer.

Can you please help me with one more in this case, now the update is pushed and installed interactively but
  1. update installation is requesting for administrative privileges and without admin rights update is not proceeding with installation.
  2. at my organization admin rights are restricted and how can I achieve the "software installation" in "interactive" mode and without "admin rights"
Oct 8, 2014 at 5:28 PM
You need an interactive installation but users doesn't have admin rights + Your installation needs admin rights = You have a problem :-(
I don't have any solution for that scenario.

Are you sure that interactive installation is required ? Unattended installation is not possible ?
Oct 9, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Yes DCourtel, interactive is beneficial, as this internal software causes a problem or installation fails if user tries to open any window or runs a heavy application (during installation) so I want users to know that software installation is started and during this period do not open or run any application till installation completes.

However, thanks for your utmost support, let me try some other options.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing up such a wonderful product and working towards its continuous up-gradation.