[Closed] - Updating WPP base software

Topics: Misc.
Oct 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Here's a really stupid question I'd like to ask, simply because searching for "Update WSUS Package Publisher" is going to be a losing battle:

I have an older version of WPP running, and overall it's been very good for updating third-party software, etc. I see there's a newer version currently available and I'm curious to know: is there any difference between installing a new version of WPP and upgrading the existing one? Anything I should know? I'm just worried that I'm going to try to upgrade this installation and suddenly lose any packaged updates I already have, or who knows what else.

Like I said, it's something I think should be pretty straightforward, but I'd like some confirmation on my base assumptions (running the standard installation won't overwrite my existing configuration, etc.) before I charge on ahead.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--LC
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Hello,
WPP simply push package into Wsus. So, once this is done, upgrading WPP or even deleting WPP will not affect what have been already published or approved.

to upgrade WPP, just download the latest release and unzip it into the folder where the oldest release of WPP is.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 12/3/2014 at 1:43 PM