[Solved] The certificate is invalid. You will not be able to publish updates.

Topics: Publishing Issue
Jan 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM
Hello,

I have installed the latest release of WPP and version 3.2.7600.226 of WSUS on a Windows Server 2008R2 machine. I have followed the installation guide on this website, but I'm still getting the invalid certificate error. However I can view the certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities, Trusted Publishers and WSUS certificates.

When enabling the option "Ignored Code-Signing Certificate validation errors" and publishing an Adobe Reader Upgrade file, I get the error "Verification of file signature failed for file: \SRV-OP-JP02\UpdateServicesPackages....cab".

I have already restarted the server several times and the KB2661254 is not installed on the server.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Editor
Jan 13, 2015 at 4:12 PM
Pls check first the Build from your WSUS. In WSUS-FAQ No. 44 you will find more Informations about the place you will find the Build and which Build you have to have:
http://wsus.de/faq
After you have installed Build .274, pls restart WSUS and try again.
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2015 at 5:01 PM
However I can view the certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities, Trusted Publishers and WSUS certificates.
Ensure that certificate is a code signing certificate and is in COMPUTER store, not USER store.
Jan 14, 2015 at 11:43 AM
After following the Signed Certification manual (with CA) it works fine. I'm getting an error on the WSUS client, but has nothing to do with WPP.
I'll test further. Thanks a lot for the quick responses and the clear documentation!
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 1/14/2015 at 8:26 AM