When I send "Detect Now" I get "Error" as result

Topics: Configuration Issue, Enhancement Request, Feature Request, Misc.
Feb 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM
When I send "Detect Now" or "report Now" I get "Error" as result.

The truth is that I can see the Status "Not Installed" and "Not approved" and it shows a last contact and last report dates and time. The client is shown as online too.

What is happening to me?
How is possible that Im getting that error but I can see all the data above?

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2015 at 10:05 AM
These data (Status, date...) are provided by Wsus server.
For remote commands, ensure that firewall doesn't block.
Marked as answer by BUSINA49SS on 2/6/2015 at 4:19 AM
Feb 6, 2015 at 11:19 AM
DCpurtel, you were right. The pc firewall was blocking.

Thank you so much for the support.
Mar 25, 2015 at 1:46 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2015 at 1:48 PM
Hello,

i've got a problem like above.

We use the same Hostname after re-installing a client. After re-install the client i can't reach the client via WPP.

On server commandline i can ping the client and get an answer as requested. When i send "detect now" or "report now" in WPP i got an "no ping" as result.

Under the tabs for "last contact" or "last report" i get actual Dates but in the tab "OnLine" the WPP shows me "no" (but the machine stands beside me and is online).

We are using Server2008R2 and for the clients Win7.
The Windows Firewall is deaktivated by GPO.
Under WSUS i found the client and the client gets actual updates from WSUS but no Updates from WPP.
We are using IPv4. IPv6 is deactivated on clients.
In WPP Tools->Settings->Misc is "Always use IPv4 only" marked.

I've tried "wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow" but it change nothing in WPP.

Sorry for two things: 1. my bad english (i am working on it to improve) 2. I am realy new on WSUS and WPP....

Thank for help
Stefan
Editor
Mar 25, 2015 at 2:51 PM
What IP does ping on server to the clients hostname return? Try flushing dns sache on Server.

Regards
Norbert
Mar 25, 2015 at 4:26 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Hello Norbert,

Ping hostname give the same IP as the entry in the field of the WPP (IP Adress). In WPP this field is orange highlighted. Flushing the DNS cache didn't chance the result. Restarting WPP and the WSUS Server didn't change the result.

The IP Adress is the same as the client has.

Update:
If i ping the hostname (ping ABC) i've got a result like "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx bytes time ttl". If i ping the FQDN (ping abc.blahblah.blah) i've got an error msg (ping can't find Host, try again).

Trying the same with a client wich is green highlighted in WPP (IP Adress), i get the normal result (IP BYTES TIME TTL).
Editor
Mar 25, 2015 at 8:41 PM
So it has nothing to do with WPP. ;) Can you verify, that your Client has registered correctly within your dns Zone?

Regards
Norbert