This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Adobe Flash Updates are not shown on client

Topics: Configuration Issue
Feb 12, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Hey guys,

i just started using the WPP to deploy Adobe Flash Player Updates. I imported the catalog to WPP without problems. After that i configured WSUS to make the Adobe Updates visible in WSUS. I approved the Adobe Updates in WSUS to be installed on clients. So until that everything works like it should be. The self signed cert is published correctly to the clients, too.
Unfortunately the Adobe Updates do not show up on the Client when i am searching for updates. Windows Updates from WSUS are working without any problems. Does anyone havve an idea what could be my problem or where i could have made a mistake.

Regards,
Florian
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 8:39 PM
On the status tab, how computers report this upate ? (Installed, not installed, not applicable) ?
Feb 16, 2015 at 8:33 AM
Status tab shows unknown...
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2015 at 11:10 AM
This mean that computers didn't report to this Wsus server for this update
Feb 16, 2015 at 12:29 PM
Well i think the reporting is not configured correctly on my server because i dont get a Report/Status for any update :)
But the Windows Updates are installed without problems so i don't know why the Adobe Flash is not installed or even shown in the Windows Updates from the Client.
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2015 at 3:52 PM
Are you sure that computers pull updates from your Wsus and not from Microsoft Update ?
Feb 17, 2015 at 7:09 AM
Yep. I am sure. Cause only the updates I approved in WSUS are shown and installed on the client. And i configured the path to the Windows Updates to my WSUS server over GPO. And on the client when i look into Windows Updates it shows me that Windows Updates are managed by System Administrator. So i am really sure that the Updates are pulled from WSUS server
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2015 at 11:16 AM
There is an communication problem that needs to be investigated more further.
Also, check that the GPO to enable 3rd party update installation is active.
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:10 PM
how can i find out where exactly is the communication problem?
GPO to enable 3rd party update Installation is active. Both on clients and on WSUS
Editor
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:12 PM
Have a look in %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log on the clients. In local Eventviewer can you find some message too.
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Puuh... There are a lot of Information in the log file :)
Can you give me a hint what i have to look for?
Editor
Feb 17, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Start with a admin commandline:

net stop wuauserv
rd /s /q %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
del %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log
net start wuauserv
wuauclt /detectnow
wuauclt /reportnow
After 10 minutes you can look in the log for errormessages.
Feb 17, 2015 at 4:35 PM
For me it looks like there are no important errors. Could i sent you the log file within an email so you can have a look at it?
Editor
Feb 17, 2015 at 4:37 PM
No, but you can upload to a filehoster or to your dropbox account or to your OneDrive Account and post here the link to the file.