How can I move WPP to another server

Topics: Configuration Issue
Jul 7, 2015 at 10:47 AM
Hi there,

is there any way to move the installation of WPP to a new Server (or only the configuration)?

We want to migrate from Windows Server 2008R2 on a Server2012R2...

Regards Markus
(German user)
Editor
Jul 7, 2015 at 11:22 AM
WPP is not an installation, you can copy alle files to your new Server. I think it is not what you are asking for. How do you move your wsus to your new Server? You can install WSUS on your new server as an Replica from the old one, synchronise every Content and Client to new WSUS. If all is there, you can change the new one to a Master WSUS.
Think about the certificate from your actual WSUS/WPP. Did you create it with WPP or with an CA?
Jul 7, 2015 at 12:22 PM
Thanks for your quick answer. And I really mean the WPP. WSUS is already replicated and I change the Server in GPO.

To WPP:
So I just grab the WPP directory to the new server, start WPP and create a new certificate - right?

To your question: I created the certificate with WPP .
Editor
Jul 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM
MFriedlein wrote:
To WPP:
So I just grab the WPP directory to the new server, start WPP and create a new certificate - right?
Right, just have a look in Options.xml. There you have to change/correct the WSUS-Name.

After creating a new certificate, you have to resigne all active packages und publish this certificate to your clients/servers.
To your question: I created the certificate with WPP .
OK.
Editor
Jul 16, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Just Export the existing code signing certificate with it's private key and Import it into the new wsus using WPP for Import. You don't Need re-sign all packages than.

Regards
Norbert