Rules

Topics: Configuration Issue
Oct 9, 2015 at 6:10 AM
Good Morning together,

i got the following problem when creating rules to distribute an ASK-Toolbar Uninstaller batch file.
I just created the following rule:

<Start Oder>

<bar:RegValueExists Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\AskToolbar" Value=""/>

<bar:RegValueExists Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\AskToolbar" Value=""/>

<Ende Oder>

The problem is, that this rule just applies, when both registry keys are found.
I want that its checked, if theres whether the first or the second registry key.
Thanks for any help.

Best Regards
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2015 at 8:45 PM
Two questions :
  • why on earth are you using a RegValueExists Rule instead of a RegKeyExists ????
  • why don't you use "Reg Type 32" to perform the comparison against 32 byte Registry ????
Oct 12, 2015 at 6:24 AM
Edited Oct 13, 2015 at 8:46 AM
Hi.

first of all thanks for your reply.
  1. I changed it to RegKeyExists now (i tried this also at first, but it didn't worked as well, thats why i changed it to regvalueexists)
  2. I don't know exactly what this does, is there any kind of documentation for that ?
  3. The Problem is still the same. if i use 2 arguments in the first place (is allready installed) which are connected with "OR" then they are connected with "AND" and not with "OR".
    If i just use 1 Argument and two in the second place (ifcanbeinstalled) it's working without Problems.
Best Regards
Oct 19, 2015 at 1:58 PM
The configuration with OR and AND are difficult to handle with WPP.

If I use a ODER option in WPP ( for instant to check 32 / 64bit )

it looks like:

START OR

option one

option two

END OR

with no OR between the options. Maybee a srennshoot is helpfull to give more help.

Good luck!
Dec 13, 2015 at 2:22 PM
I have some experience about 'installed rules' with wusus package publisher. I suggest you can try to use WMI QUERY Rules.
I find the post with screnshoots, I hope it will help you.
http://www.sthshare.com/wordpress/wsus-package-publisher-deploy-to-specific-clients-or-groups-using-rules.html