How to import home-made packages into new WSUS ?

Topics: Configuration Issue
Apr 29, 2016 at 10:42 AM
Hello,

I want to know how to import home-made packages create into a first wsus server with wsus publisher to a second wsus server ?
I can see is the UpdateServicesPackages folder many folders with my custom packages. But for the updates rules, etc where are stock the informations ?
wsus publisher have it's own database or it use the wsus internal windows database ?

How can I export / import my custom packages ?

Thanks,
Gaëtan
Editor
Apr 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Rightclick on a Update > Export a Update or in the Menu. I don't have now a WPP, i don't know exactly, but i remeber there is point to ex- and import.
May 2, 2016 at 3:03 PM
Edited May 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Hello WinfriedSonntag,

Yes, non problem to import. The problem is to import it to the new wsus publisher :
Verification of file signature failed for file ****.cab
Error when importing Update.

I'll try to import the public certificate of old publisher to the new one and try

Update : Yes it seems to work when I add the old wsus certificat to the new wsus server in 2 libraries :
  1. export the old packages
  2. export the old wsus certificate
  3. add the self-signed WSUS certificate to the Trusted Publishers Store and the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store on the Update Publisher machine.
  4. import all the packages
  5. resign all the packages
  6. remove the old certificate via mmc > certificates
Editor
May 2, 2016 at 3:44 PM
gaetan1105 wrote:
Update : Yes it seems to work when I add the old wsus certificat to the new wsus server in 2 libraries :
  1. export the old packages
  2. export the old wsus certificate
  3. add the self-signed WSUS certificate to the Trusted Publishers Store and the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store on the Update Publisher machine.
  4. import all the packages
  5. resign all the packages
  6. remove the old certificate via mmc > certificates
Hi,

it is working you are describe? Did you try to publish a update and get installation without any errors?

Thanks for your reponse.
May 2, 2016 at 3:47 PM
I've set an update to a testing group, the answer after this night ;)