Not an Issue, More a question about downstream

Topics: Configuration Issue, Misc.
Jul 29, 2016 at 3:14 PM
Hi, I was wondering, if I use WSUS downstream servers, is WPP will push his package to the downstream servers or It will push the update individually from the upstream to each target?

Thank you
Coordinator
Jul 29, 2016 at 3:45 PM
Hi, WPP publish updates, only on the server where it is connected to.
Your downstream servers will synchronise these updates and download it if they trust the code signing certificat. If the downstream server is not a replica, then you will have to approve these updates on this server too.
Jul 31, 2016 at 10:59 PM
I use WPP on both our top level and lower level server (not a replica) in a manor used for testing then production and it works great. Once you've run a sync you just need to approve the update on the downstream server. Been using it for years like this and it works great.
Jan 29 at 8:45 AM
Edited Jan 29 at 9:01 AM
Hi,
im wondering why it's not working here...
I had installed my 1st replica WSUS, and all MS-Updates are available on the replica server.
But all self-created packages arte not visible.
And: The master WSUS say 1800 of 9200 updates visible (in "all Updates")
The replica WSUS only knows about 9096, means all of my self created pacages are not syncronized.
Also I cant create an update view that only shows up my self desinged updates, 'cause the the list of my products (frm in WPP) are not avcailable in replica WSUS.

Is it an issue of WSUS or WPP?

Can anyone give a hint please?

EDIT: the WPP Certs are installed...
Editor
Jan 29 at 4:01 PM
Edited Jan 29 at 4:02 PM
Did you see the Updates not in the Downstream-WSUS-Console? Or the clients didn't install the updates? Did you see the WPP-Updates in the WSUS-Console at your Master-WSUS?

You never will SEE the update published from WPP in your Downstream-WSUS-Console.
Jan 30 at 8:53 AM
Edited Jan 30 at 9:38 AM
Hello Winfried,

well, meanwhile the updates are available and installed by the client computers (3 days after replication...)

The WPP-Updates are visible in directory (same path as Master-WSUS), but not visible in Downstream-WSUS (in Master-WSUS I see them).

How can I be sure that all clients install the WPP-Updates well if I don't see anything.

Is there a way to make them visible in Downstream-WSUS (I guess not...)

EDIT: Typo
Editor
Feb 2 at 8:20 PM
Edited Feb 2 at 8:22 PM
Our Downstream-WSUS will replicate 24 times a day with the mainstream. I know very fast if the WPP-Update is installed. I don't want to see the WPP-Updates on the Downstream Server, it is enough for me to see it at the Mainstream WSUS.

I think you make the WPP-Updates visible at the Downstream, the same way like WPP is going. You can run this Query at the Downstream:

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
USE SUSDB;
UPDATE [SUSDB].[dbo].[tbUpdate] SET [IsLocallyPublished] = 0 WHERE [IsLocallyPublished] <> 0

EDIT: After running this Query you must create a new View with the new Products to see the WPP-Updates in WSUS.MSC.

https://www.wsus.de/images/content/lup/26_Updateansicht_Anwendungen.png
https://www.wsus.de/images/content/lup/27_Updateansicht_Anwendungen.png

But! Never delete a Update within WPP, only decline a WPP-Update and run the cleanup Wizard every day on all Servers. If you delete it, WSUS will not replicate this information, after a couple of months you have a lot of WPP-Updates they are deleted on the Mainstream, but not at the Downstream-WSUS Servers.