This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Status Not Applicable - Where to look to fix that ?

Topics: Publishing Issue
Dec 1, 2016 at 8:25 AM
Hey there !

I have started to try WPP last week. The plan is to use it to publish the PatchMyPC SCUP catalog to our fresh WSUS server so that we can have a central point to publish Microsoft and third-party updates.
Before buying the full catalog, I wanted to try it so I downloaded their demo catalog but whatever software I try to publish return me a "Not Applicable" status for my test group.

Where should I look at to try and troubleshoot this issue ? Updates are being pulled from WSUS by my client computers but it looks like I have a configuration error somewhere with WPP so any help would be welcome.
Dec 6, 2016 at 1:26 PM
Here's a little addition : all the "Status Not Applicable" issues come with the PatchMyPC demo catalog. There might be something wrong or that does not work with my architecture in their catalog because I successfully published Nmap with a custom update to the same test group.

If one of you has some insights about why there are some publication problems with the PatchMyPC demo catalog, I would be more than happy to hear them. Not that my WSUS service is running on a Windows 2016 server. :)