Removing a package with Wsus ?

Topics: Publishing Issue
Mar 3 at 2:21 PM
Hi there,

I'm testing your solution. Currently i'm working with GPO ans MSI + MST.
I would like to upgrade Firefox, Acrobat, LibreOffice with my Wsus.
I have some questions with the Wsus removal.

With Firefox (Frontmotion version) for example. I create a package its okay. Sometimes frontmotion leak msi package. How can i delete it with Wsus ? I have tested with the last version 51.0.1 (All is okay in), install is just perfect. But if i tag it for removal + deadline, i haven't anything on my client; It's just saying that the computer is up to date.

How can i setup this ?

Another question, acrobat reader msi are completly broken with the last version. What is the best pratice to push the last msp for existing install, and a complete installation for new computer ?

Thanks for your help
Coordinator
Mar 4 at 2:26 PM
Hi, for the first question :
  • Be aware that approve for removals are broken on Windows 10 computers. Microsoft is aware of that. Expect a bug fix.
For the second question :
  • MSP files have these own applicable rules. So they should apply only on computers where they are needed. So you can approve them on all computers
  • To install a software on computer where the soft is not installed, simply set a rule to detect where the soft is not installed and approve for installation on that computers
Marked as answer by BigJack on 3/8/2017 at 6:39 AM
Mar 7 at 12:48 PM
Edited Mar 8 at 1:39 PM
Hi DCourtel,

Thanks for your answer.

For the first question, you're right my test was on a windows 10. I will trying this with a seven too.

For the second, so the msp can undo mst patch applied before. Hmm okay.

Thanks for your help !