This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Solved] Error using Commandline Options when deploying MSI Package

Topics: Publishing Issue
Jun 5, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I am trying to deploy a Start Menu Button application from http://www.classicshell.net.

Their documentation says that by using the following command line options with the MSI the application will install one portion of the overall application. It this case it is "/qn ADDLOCAL=ClassicStartMenu". Note I have confirmed the application will install using those command line options when I type them by hand.

However, when I try to deploy the MSI via WSUS Package Publisher using that command line option, I get a 80070667 error on my client computers. Researching this error suggests that their is a problem with the command line options.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
Editor
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Can you try without using /qn? I guess this will be used by default.
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM
NorbertFe wrote:
Can you try without using /qn? I guess this will be used by default.
Unfortunately, the /qn isn't that important. All it says is quiet install I need the ADDLOCAL option to work to determine what options should be installed.

I just can't figure out why the option works then typed by hand, but fails though WSUS.
Editor
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Can you post a screenshot of the parameter in wpp package? Try using only addlocal=classicstartmenu without / or anything else.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:24 PM
NorbertFe have right. Do not put /qn in your CommandLine, Wsus will add it itself.
Do not use quotes.
Try with only : ADDLOCAL=ClassicStartMenu
If it's doesn't work, Revise the update and check the "Can Request User Input" Checkbox.
Jun 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Turns out that the "Can Request User Input" Checkbox fixed the problem.

Thanks!
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 10/8/2013 at 11:22 AM
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Glad to see that have you solved your problem.