This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Closed] Commandline parameter don't work

Topics: Configuration Issue
Aug 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Hi Guys,
i've added OpenOffice 4.0 as msi file to the packager. I tested follow command line manually:
REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 SETUP_USED=1 COMPANYNAME="Bad Wurzach" USERNAME="EDV" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_o_Winexplorerext,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Quickstart,gm_o_Javafilter,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Onlineupdate
It work's great. Now i added this parameters to the package:
https://ajax.wurzach-it.de/data/public/f7ec1f

All parameters work fine, not "REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1". As I have already write to begin manually the parameter works.

Regards,
Daniel
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Hi badwurzach,

Try to revise the update and checking the option "Can Request User Input" ( "Benutzereingabe ermöglichen" in German).
Aug 18, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Hi DCourtel,
thank you for your idea, but the installation still ignore this parameter.
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Is there any installation log that you could consult ?
Aug 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Thats a good question. Can i generate one with the command line parameters in wpp, e.g. msiexec /lv C:\temp\oo4.log?
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 5:54 AM
Yes, add /lv C:\temp\oo4.log to the previous CommandLine and see the generated Log File after installation.
Aug 19, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Good morning,
i try follow
REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 SETUP_USED=1 COMPANYNAME="Bad Wurzach" USERNAME="EDV" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_o_Winexplorerext,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Quickstart,gm_o_Javafilter,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Onlineupdate /lv "C:\temp\oo4.log"
and
/lv "C:\temp\oo4.log" REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 SETUP_USED=1 COMPANYNAME="Bad Wurzach" USERNAME="EDV" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_o_Winexplorerext,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Quickstart,gm_o_Javafilter,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Onlineupdate
In any version i get the error code 80070667 from windows update. Here the logfile:
https://ajax.wurzach-it.de/data/public/44eaa9
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM
In any version i get the error code 80070667 from windows update.
Which mean : Error in the comand-Line
Does the C:\temp\oo4.log file show any evidences of why it failed ?

If C:\temp\oo4.log haven't been created, check if the C:\temp Exists.
Try : /L*v C:\temp\oo4.log
Don't quote the path.
Aug 19, 2013 at 4:14 PM
The folder "Temp" exist on this machine. I tried follow command line:
/L*v C:\temp\oo4.log REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 SETUP_USED=1 COMPANYNAME="Bad Wurzach" USERNAME="EDV" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_o_Winexplorerext,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Quickstart,gm_o_Javafilter,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Onlineupdate
The same error as before...
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 6:31 PM
To discover which parameter in the command-line, give the error, try to publish the package without the Command-Line. If it installed successfully, then add ONE parameter, if succeed, then add a second parameter... until it failed, then you will know which parameter is in fault.
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I tried the shortest command line:
/L*v C:\temp\oo4.log SETUP_USED=1
The same error code. The last parameter is necessary that OpenOffice installation starts with the msi file. Is a special parameter from msiexec, e.g. /qb required?
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
In your first post, you said:
All parameters work fine, not "REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1".
What have been change since this point ?
Is a special parameter from msiexec, e.g. /qb required?
No Wsus add necessary switch to the command line to make the installation silent. Don't add any.
Aug 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM
The differnet between my first post and now is the parameter "/L*v C:\temp\oo4.log". If i try the commandline without this parameter windows update installed openoffice, but the parameter "REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1" was ignored.

Short:
REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 SETUP_USED=1 COMPANYNAME="Bad Wurzach" USERNAME="EDV" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_o_Winexplorerext,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Quickstart,gm_o_Javafilter,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Onlineupdate
Windows Update installed office but ignored the parameter "REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1".
/L*v C:\temp\oo4.log REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 SETUP_USED=1 COMPANYNAME="Bad Wurzach" USERNAME="EDV" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_o_Winexplorerext,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Quickstart,gm_o_Javafilter,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Onlineupdate
Windows Update don't installed openoffice and show me the error code 80070667.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Strange that /L*v C:\temp\oo4.log give an error. You may want to check your Windows Installer version.

For the "REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1", that been ignored, may be check with the editor of the software or on forums.
You may find usefull informations on AppDeploy site.
Aug 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Edited Aug 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Only WPP ignore this parameter. If i start a command line in windows 7, drap and drop the msi file from open office, paste the parameters 1:1 behind it an press enter the installation runs successfully without any problems. AND... the parameter "REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1" works correct.

my command line:
C:\>C:\Temp\OpenOffice 4.0.0 (de) Installation Files\openoffice400.msi REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 SETUP_USED=1 COMPANYNAME="Bad Wurzach" USERNAME="EDV" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_o_Winexplorerext,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Quickstart,gm_o_Javafilter,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Onlineupdate
It's very strange... so i think it's a problem from WPP, because manually it works.
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Only WPP ignore this parameter.
WPP doesn't ignore your command-line. See your WindowsUpdate.log :

2013-08-19 08:04:14:881 4420 13b4 Handler MSI final command line: REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 SETUP_USED=1 COMPANYNAME="Bad Wurzach" USERNAME="EDV" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_o_Winexplorerext,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Quickstart,gm_o_Javafilter,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Onlineupdate /lv "C:\temp\oo4.log" ALLUSERS=1 MSIRESTARTMANAGERCONTROL=Disable REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS

openoffice400.msi is not able to treat the parameter "REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1" when it is launch by Windows Update Agent.
Aug 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM
This evening i do a test: i copied your output 1:1 in a manual installation AND open office installed successfully. Now i have no idea what the problem is in this case.
Nobody here, wo deployed open office with wpp successfully?
Coordinator
Aug 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Are you sure you have checked the checkbox "Can Request user input" ?
Aug 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM
The checkbox is set. I controlled it again.
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2013 at 6:00 AM
When you tested, did you install at shutdown or when the User session was still open ?
Aug 21, 2013 at 7:23 AM
The user session is still open, because the user can manually start install updates.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 9/13/2014 at 12:43 PM