[Solved] How can HP Catalog Driver update be installed?

Topics: Publishing Issue
Sep 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Edited Sep 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Hi team.

I have imported some updates from the HP update catalog for testing purposes.

When I check on the reporttab for the update it says that some computers already has it installed(I haven't approved it).

The question is how this is possible when the "Installed"rules for this HP package is blank?

Thank you.
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Hi,
When I check on the reporttab for the update it says that some computers already has it installed(I haven't approved it).
This mean that 4 computers have received this update by another way. (HP update tool, manual installation...)
The question is how this is possible when the "Installed"rules for this HP package is blank?
In fact, a package have tow level of rules, "Installable Item" Level and "Package" Level. WPP only show you "Installable Item" Level rules.
In Catalogs, rules are often in "Package" Level.

But the most important question is, what screen capture tool are you using ? It look like so cool :-)
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 10/12/2013 at 8:37 AM
Sep 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Ok! So there is no way for me to view the rules in the package level to verify what checks are used to determine if the HPpackage is installed?

And about screencapture, download and install Skitch from evernote(FREE), it's totally great for fast screencaptures and edits with text, arrows etc!
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM
So there is no way for me to view the rules in the package level to verify what checks are used to determine if the HPpackage is installed?
For instance no. I have to add this feature in a next release.

If you really want to see these information : Right-click on an update, choose revise, click Cancel, go to Help, send Debug Infor, click on the link "show informations...". This will open the log file. Go to the end of the text file and search for "Isisnstalled"