This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

created updates dosen't show up

Topics: Publishing Issue
Nov 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Hi there,

I installed today release 1.3.1311.24, on a single WSUS Server - Server 2012. Then connected to local Server and now trying to create updates. I walked through the documented guideline and succeeded with "the update has been published" - so certificate configuration should be fine.

The update was showing up at tree "updates" with Count (0). When I click on it, nothing happens. main window stay empty. After restart WPP, no update is shown below updates.

The same happens when I try to add HP catalog. I can browse and download content, after adding It shows up with (0) but can't go further, after restart, the entry is gone.

Installation is at %program files%, rebooted twice the Server.

On clients the last installed items are shown like this:
-> Adobe Reader XI
-> Adobe Reader XI - Deutsch
-> Intel(R) AMT LMS_SOL for AMT 9.xx [9.0.3.1347.A1]
-> Adobe Reader XI - Deutsch

thats obviously my testing, but i never approved any update.

So, what could be wrong?
Editor
Nov 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Go to setting and check the first checkbox on the "Updates"-Tab (Show locally...)

HTH
Norbert
Marked as answer by iruhe on 11/25/2013 at 11:16 PM
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Do you see these updates in the Wsus console (Wsus.msc) ? If yes, Norbert is right. You have probably used the option to make these updates visible in the Wsus console, so to see it in WPP, you need to check the option "Show locally-Published updates that are also visible in the Wsus console"
Marked as answer by iruhe on 11/25/2013 at 11:16 PM
Nov 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM
thats it, Problem solved
thank you :)