This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Custom Update questions

Topics: Misc.
Nov 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I've been using this product for several months and love it. I believe it is one of the most useful tools in existence. This weekend I stumbled across custom updates. I see such potential with them. As I am exploring I presently have these questions:
  • Once a custom update is created, how can we go back in and edit/revise the steps/actions of the update?
  • In a manner similar to what we find in rules, is there a way to configure the registry actions (key or value) to be 32-bit only?
  • As a follow-on to the registry question, is there a way to direct file operations to the x86/SysWOW64 areas of the filesystem?
Nov 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM
patanne wrote:
  • Once a custom update is created, how can we go back in and edit/revise the steps/actions of the update?
For now, it's not possible. If you need to make change on a custom update, you must delete it and re-create it. This is the big back draw of this feature, I'm aware of that. I need to work on this. And offer the ability to revise such update and by this, to change custom actions.
  • In a manner similar to what we find in rules, is there a way to configure the registry actions (key or value) to be 32-bit only?
Once again, it's not possible... for now. The work around is to make two updates :
  • One for x86 with 'Normal' registry key/Value
  • One for x64 where you put explicitly 'Wow6432Node' in the reg key.
  • As a follow-on to the registry question, is there a way to direct file operations to the x86/SysWOW64 areas of the filesystem?
I have to answer same thing than above :-(
Marked as answer by patanne on 11/26/2013 at 6:13 PM