Setup as MSI or Update Catalog

Topics: Enhancement Request, Feature Request
Feb 12, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Hi there,

how about releasing as MSI file aside ZIP to package that updates with WSUS-PP?
Better, how about releasing an update catalog to use WSUS-PP to update itself?

Thanks,

Alex
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:52 PM
WPP v2 will have a better way to auto-update.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 5/8/2014 at 2:56 AM
May 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Looking forward to v2. Any idea of an ETA?
Coordinator
May 29, 2014 at 12:35 PM
WPP V1 works great, even if it miss some features and enhancements. So i take my time for V2.
Last few weeks I have work on another "Little" project (Pst Backup 2013) , which is on Codeplex too.
Jun 12, 2014 at 7:41 PM
I completely agree that WPP v1 works great and there is no need to rush on v2. However, it doesn't keep me from wanting the new features...

I'm currently digging deeper in to the catalog options to try to find ways to streamline the update creation process and am having some frustration there like figuring out how to create your own catalog or find other "Shared Catalogs" that don't come with the WPP package. (The option under Catalog Subscriptions to "Share, anonymously, with other WPP's users..." has intrigued me. Where would we find these "shared" catalogs?)

Any way, a PST file backup utility sounds nice but as of right now WPP has my focus.

Keep up the great work
Coordinator
Jun 12, 2014 at 8:24 PM
find other "Shared Catalogs" that don't come with the WPP package
Honestly, there is very few available catalogs (Dell, HP, Adobe and Fujitsu). Some company sell some 'home made' catalogs.
The option under Catalog Subscriptions to "Share, anonymously, with other WPP's users..." has intrigued me. Where would we find these "shared" catalogs?)
This option was created when I start to handle catalogs in WPP. At this time I was thinking that there was more available catalogs... Now I realize that there is very few company to use it.
From WPP's users I received only catalogs from Adobe, Dell et HP. And some commercial catalogs that you normally must paid for.
Editor
Jun 13, 2014 at 5:55 AM
http://www.shavlik.com/products/patch/ looks like you are searching for.

David, followthatpage.com is working great. Thanks for the tipp. :)