This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Publishing and Not Applicable

Topics: Publishing Issue
Mar 13, 2014 at 5:15 PM
All,

I have utilized the Adobe Flash WSUS template for SCCM etc..

I then selected only Adobe Flash Activex and Plugin latest version .77 for importing.

I approved it for deployment and a lot of machines downloaded and installed, however on a small number of machine indicate not applicable.

When I go and look at those machines in particular they still have the old version of flash activex. Plugin installed fine, but it appears that it doesn't pull the update for activex.

Any suggestions?
Mar 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Hi, computers will not download this update because they think it's not appicable. So they will not install it.
IsApplicable rules for Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.77 are :

<bar:RegKeyExists Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="Software\Classes\CLSID{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}" RegType32="true"/>
And
<lar:Not>
<bar:RegDword Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions" Value="12.0" Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" Data="77" RegType32="true"/>
</lar:Not>
And
<bar:WindowsVersion Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" MajorVersion="5" MinorVersion="0" ServicePackMajor="0" ServicePackMinor="0"/> <= Min Win 2000

So, ensure these registry key are ok on client computers.
Also, you can try to launch manually the MSI file to see if any error appear.
Mar 14, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Thanks for the reply....

I looked over this as well...

The classes registry key listed does not exist, the safeversions key exists but 12.0 is not listed. I'm not 100% where the 3rd check (Windows version) is confirming in the registry.

Thanks for your help though.

All machines are identical in terms of them being windows 7, sp1 etc...
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Ok appears I have it resolved:

1: Basically I deleted all package level rules and used update level rules only.

2: I created update level rule to look for MSI product id and the OS version. (works both for Flash activex and plugin)

Once those changes were made, I ran a redetection and it appears to work. I also ran detections on machines that currently have the package and it recognizes that no updates are needed.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 3/19/2014 at 1:19 AM