This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Solved] Adobe Flash and Reader and IE integration

Topics: Configuration Issue
May 1, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Hi all,

I do my deployments for Adober Flash player and Reader with WPP. It's all working fine, except the integration with Internet Explorer.
Some websites still want to install Flash player (Adobe Flash version check says it's installed) and Reader doesn't even show up on the add-ons.
How can I get this fixed? I want both add-ons to be active and working on all websites.

Regards,

Ad
Coordinator
May 1, 2014 at 6:04 PM
There is two version of Flash Player, one for Internet Explorer (ActiveX) and another one for third party browser (Plugin)
This This Page
May 2, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Of course I use the active-x version of Flash player. If you check on http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html it says the player is installed. Still there are some websites that want to install it. If you check for add-ons in IE it's available and loaded.
Reader also installs fine and works OK, but no correct IE integration. There is no add-on in IE. Some Pdf's open in the browser, but that's not always the case.
In both programs there is some integration, but it's not the same as installing from the Adobe website.
Coordinator
May 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM
There is no add-on in IE. Some Pdf's open in the browser, but that's not always the case.
I wonder how this is possible : No add-on but some PDF open in IE !

If you install manually Flash Player on this computer, does it solve the issue ?
May be you can find more help on Adobe Forum.
May 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Both reader and Flash Player work fine when manually installed.
It simply looks like the installation is not complete when doing this with WPP.
Flash is the one that seems to work best. Only a few websites don't see that it's installed. The Adobe flash check sees it's installed.
Reader is the one with the most problems. It does not show on the installed add-ons. In some cases it shows on all add-ons. Reading a PDF in IE works on a lot of websites, but not on all.
I see if the Adobe Forum can give me some answers.
Coordinator
May 8, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Can you give us some example of URL where Falsh player are not detected ? Same for Adobe reader ?

Thanks
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I'm very busy at the moment.
I have installed a test PC to reproduce the problems. I could not reproduce the Flash problem.
I'm also not able to reproduce the Adobe reader problem, but there is no add-on in the list in IE. That is quite strange, but it's working.
It might have something to do with the IE version. It could also be that these are just individual problems.
I continue my investigations, but for now I think we can close this case.
Thanks.

Regards,

Ad
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 6/2/2014 at 9:13 AM