Server
  1. Server1
  2. Server2
  3. Server3
Notebook
  1. Notebook1
  2. Notebook2
  3. Notebook3
We have few software’s which needs to pushed/updated only on selected machines (for ex: Desktop1, Server3) but not onto the complete computer groups.

Is there any possibility that I can get this in achieved?

At present, I am doing this by identifying machine names via registry and customizing the installable rule, but this is very cumbersome process which involves risks.
Editor
May 12, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Hi,

you can create a special Group in WSUS. Then right click on a machine > change membership. Each Client/Server can be a member in more then one group. At this group you can publish the special software.
Coordinator
May 12, 2014 at 8:17 PM
I know that some Wsus administrators create "Software group" instead of Computers group. For example, they create a group named "Flash Player", and another named "Adobe Reader" and so on...
Then, they add computer to these groups. If a computer needs to be keep up to date with Flash player but not Adobe Reader, they add this computer to "Flash Player" group but not "Adobe Reader".
For doing this, you need to desactivate "Client side targeting" via GPO on clients computers and set the Wsus server to allow assigning computer manually (Options -> Computers -> "Use Update Service Console")
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 6/5/2014 at 12:54 PM
May 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Thanks for the excellent suggestions, never thought of such structure.

Is there any possibility that I can create these groups in our Package Publisher than in WSUS (not in WSUS), as restructuring current WSUS grouping structure is very cumbersome process at my end.
Coordinator
May 14, 2014 at 8:09 PM
No sorry, creating computers group can only be done in Wsus console.
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 6/5/2014 at 12:55 PM