This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Solved] Client Faild to Connect

Topics: Configuration Issue
May 19, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Hi

I've trie to use WPP. I'm using a microsoft domain with server 2008 and 2012. WSUS was already installed and configured.
I've downloaded the required source, rolled out the certificate by GPO (works)
The WSUS groups are listed and i can see all the clients and server.

So I tried to connect to a client by using "Report now" and other options.
A box was prompted to input my credentials. I've entered the domain admin.
But the connection failed.
After several tries i've tried to connect to a server with the same credentials. This was working. so i thought it's a Firewall Problem (Windows Firewall is runing on the Client)

For a test i've deactivated the firewall on my test client and rebooted the system.
Unfortunately it is still not workin.

Do you have a hint or even better the solution for my Problem?

Here the message i get: "Failed to connect with provided credentials. Do you want to..."

btw. my admin has the following rights: Administrators; Domain Admins; Domain Users; Enterprise Admins; Group Policy Creator Owners and Schema Admins (so i think it sould not be a permission Problem)
May 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Hi,
this error message is only display when credentials are wrongs. That mean, WPP have successfuly contacted the client computer (not a firewall problem) and the client has denied access due to wrong credentials. Ensure that these credentials are in the local administrators group of the client.
May 21, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Login should be formatted like this : Administrator
and not like this : Domain\Administrator or Administrator@domaine.local
May 22, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Edited May 22, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Hi

Thank you very much for your reply.

Now my Problem is fixed. It was a permission problem.
I feel stupid and I'm sorry for not checking this in advance!

Kind regards,
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 5/22/2014 at 4:20 AM
Jan 13, 2015 at 4:23 PM
For those of us who are also experiencing this problem, would you be able to provide the solution. It is clearly a permission problem, but I am unclear as to what permissions need to be changed and where?

I have tried using the domain administrators account using both administrator and password and domain name\username and password. I have tried using local admin accounts and I am unable to access machines remotely. Turning firewall off both ends has no effect! I can however do some things like show windows update log, which clearly means that I have read access to the local computer!

I have just set up WSUS Package Publisher, so its probably some kind of configuration issue that is at fault.

Thank you.