Import from Catalog fails during publishing. "Verification of file signature failed for file"

Topics: Configuration Issue, Publishing Issue, Translation - English
Jun 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM
I have prepared my local environment with below details:
WSUS : 3.2.7600.xxx
WsusPackagePublisher_Release v1.3.1405.17

I followed "Installation Guide" for setup bundled with WPP.
I have both WSUS and WPP on same machine. I created certificated using WPP and similar certs are visible under mmc's:
  * (Local Computer)\Wsus certificate folder.
  * (Local Computer)\Trusted Publisher.
  * (Local Computer)\Trusted Root Certification Authority.
also enabled check box for "Ignore Code-Signing Certification validation errors" under WPP's Settings.

After certificate creation I restarted machine and then tried to import catalog file for Adobe reader 10, 11 & mozilla as well but it says that "Verification of file signature failed for file".
KB2661254 is also not installed on WSUS server machine.

I also revised steps mentioned in one post as below:
_Open mmc => certificate => local computer.
delete "WSUS Publishers Self-signed" certificate from "Wsus" store, "Trusted Root Authorithies" store and "Trusted Publisher" store. Reboot your server.
Launch WPP and generate a new self-signed certificate. Import it in "Trusted Root Authorithies" store and "Trusted Publisher" store. Reboot server.
Try to publish a new update._

but issue not resolved.
one thing more, under WPP "Open Catalog" button is not unable even after browsing catalog file.
Please let me know what can be issue here.
Thanks in advance.
Editor
Jun 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM
neerajy wrote:
I have prepared my local environment with below details:
WSUS : 3.2.7600.xxx
First, what exact version is your WSUS?
Here you can find the place where you have to look: http://www.wsus.de/images/wsus-version.png
If the version is lower then .262 pls install the updates for coming up to version .262.

WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2720211: Build 3.2.7600.251
WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2734608: Build 3.2.7600.256
WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2828185: Build 3.2.7600.262

After this you have to create a new certificate in WPP and then try it again.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Hi,
In WPP, go to 'Help' -> 'About'
Look at the certificate status and Key Length

What is your exact Wsus Version ?

The button 'Open Catalog' is enable if : The textbox 'FilePath' is filled with the full path to a .xml or .cab
If you click on the 'Browse' button and then point to a .xml or .cab file, this file is automatically opened. You don't have to click on the 'Open catalog'.
Jun 6, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Thanks for sharing details.
I have installed "WSUS 3.0 (SP2) + KB2828185: Build 3.2.7600.262" and created new certificates.
Now I am able to publish catalog file to WSUS also. (Earlier cert Key length was 512, now its 2048.)

I have below queries, please let me know if these are due to some configuration issue:
1.) now 'Updates' node (under WPP) doesn't has entries of published catalog, it cleans when I go for connect/reload option.
2.) after browsing catalog file under WPP, it fills full path under text-box, list down available updates under catalog but 'Open Catalog' button is still not enabled. I know it's not imp but I am sharing my inputs when I followed steps in "Importing Updates from Vendor's Catalog".
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1.) now 'Updates' node (under WPP) doesn't has entries of published catalog, it cleans when I go for connect/reload option.
You need to create updates to see them Under this node. Please, read the documentation to learn how to create an update.
2.) after browsing catalog file under WPP, it fills full path under text-box, list down available updates under catalog but 'Open Catalog' button is still not enabled.
As I said in my previous post, you don't have to click on "Open Catalog" button when you browse to a .xml or a .cab file. WPP open automatically the file. The button "Open Catalog" become available only if you manually change the full path to the file and if the file really exist and is a .xml or a .cab
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 8/14/2014 at 1:33 PM