This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Solved] Update Level rules / Package level rules

Topics: Publishing Issue
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I have problems to use the GUI (Update Creation Wizard) for the custom rules. I need rules to publish the updates on only needes workstations.

A test installation on Mictosoft Windows 2003R2 / WSUS 3.0 SP2 (the same as my production environment) let me publish some software (for example: Adobe AIR)

i have problems to use the gui, so i export some rules and edit the ASCII File. Fine, that works fine. Now i want to publish the latest update from AIR, and a new rule does not work. If i load the rule, a messagebox with no content appears
<lar:And>
<lar:Or>
  <bar:WindowsVersion Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" MajorVersion="6" MinorVersion="1" ProductType="1"/>
</lar:Or>
  <bar:Processor Architecture="0"/>
  <bar:Processor Architecture="9"/>
  <bar:FileExists Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll"/>
  <bar:FileExists Path="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll"/>
  <bar:FileVersion Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll" Comparison="LessThan" Version="3.9.0.1210"/>
  <bar:FileVersion Path="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll" Comparison=""LessThan Version="3.9.0.1210"/>
</lar:And>
What is wrong with this rules?
Jul 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Hi check this line :
<bar:FileVersion Path="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll" Comparison= ""LessThan Version="3.9.0.1210"/>
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 7/7/2014 at 8:03 AM
Jul 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM
This is very embarrassing.

I wait a lot of week do it once more and look for the error in every single character... but i don´t see it.

Sorry, and thanks a lot!
Jul 7, 2014 at 11:51 AM
the syntax know is ok, but i have still a problem.
I have two clients installed with Windows 7 64bit. The first has installed Adobe AIR 4.0.0.1390 and the second has installed Adobe AIR 3.9.0.1210.

The first client want to download and install the update. Can someone tell me why?
Sorry for the bad questions, i need holidays :-(
Jul 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Seems to be a logical problem
That works for me...
    <bar:Processor Architecture="0"/>
    <bar:WindowsVersion Comparison="GreaterThanOrEqualTo" MajorVersion="6" MinorVersion="1" ProductType="1"/>
    <bar:FileExists Path="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll"/>
    <bar:FileVersion Path="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll" Comparison="LessThan" Version="3.9.0.1210"/>
    <bar:Processor Architecture="9"/>
    <bar:FileExists Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll"/>
    <bar:FileVersion Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Adobe AIR.dll" Comparison="LessThan" Version="3.9.0.1210"/>