This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Solved] Failed to Sign Package - it was the proxy !

Topics: Configuration Issue
Aug 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM
After updating to the last wpp version 1.3.1407.29 I tried the Import from catalog functionality for the latest Adobe Flash Player update. I was stuck after few seconds with a "Failed to Sign Package" error. Google searches pointed me in the wrong direction: I simply missed the proxy configuration. I would add the error message was not very friendly.

There is still something unclear to me: how the previous version of Wpp (installed in march 2014) could detect the latest release if it didn't have the proxy configuration ? Was it lost when I overwrote the previous files with the newest ones ?

In that case it is worth to add an installation note somewhere.

I decided to report my problem and solution here hoping it may help others.

Bye
Filippo
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 8/12/2014 at 12:40 PM
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:40 PM
I'm not convinced this is what it was happen.
If WPP can't download at all the package from the editor, it simply wait until you click on "Cancel". Then the publication fail.
If you have the error message "Failed to Sign package" that mean that WPP have download something from the vendor and try to publish it.

Most likely, the misconfigured proxy has authorized WPP to go through Internet (even partially).

When WPP is upgraded, the process of upgrading options is entirely managed by the .Net Framework.