Approving updates

Topics: Publishing Issue
Aug 14, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Is it possible to approve the parent of some child groups and have the children inherit the approval?

For example:

Computers
     Test1
     Test2

If I approve an update for the Computers group, will Test 1 and Test2 also get the approval?

I've got about a hundred nested groups, and it takes quite a while to approve every one of them. It would be much easier and quicker to approve the parent.
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM
Sorry, for now, WPP doesn't support inheritance. You can use Meta-Group to manage approvals on several groups.
Aug 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Is that a feature I don't know about...another piece of software...never heard of it.
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2014 at 10:02 AM
It's a feature of WPP.
Manage MetaGroup

Then create a new MetaGroup :
Create Meta-Group

Then approve in Meta-Group :
Approve in MetaGroup
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 9/13/2014 at 12:25 PM
Aug 18, 2014 at 4:19 PM
That looks like it will do the trick, but I'm not able to create a MetaGroup. I highlight the WSUS groups I want to include, click Create, enter a name for the MetaGroup, but OK isn't highlighted.

What's the specific procedure for creating a MetaGroup?
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2014 at 4:29 PM
The Ok button is grayed out because you don't have select any computer group or Meta Group. Select it in the combobox Under the textbox where you have entered the name of the Meta group.
Aug 18, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Finally got it. I think it was the latency that was making it confusing. Logged into a server remotely...takes a few seconds for the drop-down to show up, etc.

Thank you...this should make life much easier.