Saving and loading rules not working as expected

Topics: Configuration Issue, Publishing Issue
Dec 22, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I've got problems to import a saved rule properly. I have saved this OR-Rule:

<lar:Or>
<bar:RegSzToVersion Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX" Value="Version" Comparison="EqualTo" Data="16.0.0.235"/><bar:RegSzToVersion Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" Subkey="SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX" Value="Version" Comparison="EqualTo" Data="16.0.0.235"/></lar:Or>
Than I loaded this rule into another update and it was inserted between the default AND:

I found no possibility to delete this unwanted outer AND. My only workaround is to manually edit the rule and delete the opening and closing OR tag, than importing the rule into the other update and change the AND manually to OR.

But I really hope there's some easier way to do this..
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I've got problems to import a saved rule properly. I have saved this OR-Rule:
You don't have save the "OR-Rule", you have saved the "OR-GROUP"
This is why end up with a Or-Group in the AND-Group

When you want to save rules instead of a group of rules, unselect the group and select all rules you want to save.
Feb 8, 2015 at 1:08 PM
That doesn't solve my problem. I just want to be able to save and load whole rule sets including all groups and rules. Maybe you can add this feature in a future version of the WPP.
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2015 at 7:48 PM
Select only the outter group
Jan 13, 2016 at 2:51 AM
Edited Jan 13, 2016 at 2:54 AM
I have some experience to create rules for deploying patches to specific clients. I use WMI Query to filter clients in Package level rules of 'installed rules' page.
It work perfectly to deploy Java 8 Update 65 to Specific Clients on Windows 7 64-bit Workstations with WSUS Package Publisher.
http://www.sthshare.com/wordpress/wsus-package-publisher-create-an-installed-rule-for-deploying-patches-to-specific-clients.html
You need to understand the logical for creating rules. How to create IsInstalled Rules with WSUS Package Publisher