WSUS doesn't show my Updates but the client get them

Topics: Publishing Issue
Feb 24, 2015 at 9:32 AM
Hello!
I just install my first WSUS package Publisher on a Win2012R2 Server mit local WSUS. I followed the instruction and now i've got the problem, that i don't see the Updates in the WSUS Update View.
First, I tought, that there was something wrong with the Update-Publishing or the connection to the WSUS, but then i saw, that the Update (Adobe Flashplayer and Reader) are listed in the availble Updates on the client.
Why are they there but not in the WSUS-Update-List?

i tried to create e new customzied View in te WSUS, but i didn't get the Adobe selection, just all the MS-Stuff in the list.

What could be my mistake?

best regards
Andreas
Editor
Feb 24, 2015 at 10:12 AM
In Tools > Settings > Servers you have select 'Allways make this update visible in the WSUS Console'?
In Tools > Updates you can select another one.

Did you import the Updates from the update-catalog? If yes, did you select 'Show Updates in WSUS-Console' if you import the updates?
Marked as answer by Seoman77 on 2/24/2015 at 3:22 AM
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2015 at 10:15 AM
This is the default behavior. By default, Wsus doesn't show you, locally-published updates. With WPP, you can cheat, by telling Wsus that these updates are not Locally-published and therefore, to force him to display as normal updates.
Feb 24, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Yes, i have the option selected, to make my updates visible in the WSUS-Console.

and i have imrotet the update from the catalog. but i didn't select the option to show the update in the WSUS from the context-menu.
That was the trick :-)
Thank you Winfried.