This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Config for remote commands

Topics: Configuration Issue
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Edited Mar 25, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Hello,
If i want to use instructions from Client Context-Menue, like "Detect now" , "Report now" and so on, it does not work. ( Error: no ping)
I think its a problem of GPO-Windows Firewall configuration and the clients block the connections, but im not sure about exactly configuration.
I think I must go to ComputerConfig/../AdministrativTemplates/Network/NetworkConnections/Windows Firewall/Dom-Profile /
and must config what? ICMP ? incomming remote..?
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:17 AM
Here you find a Documentation for ports that needed open:

http://www.codeplex.com/Download?ProjectName=WsusPackagePublisher&DownloadId=905459

http://wsuspackagepublisher.codeplex.com/documentation:
Opening Firewall Ports for Remote Administration : Firewall Rules for Remote Administration.pdf
Marked as answer by WinfriedSonntag on 3/25/2015 at 3:12 AM
Mar 25, 2015 at 11:10 AM
I read the first document yesterday, but it was my opinion that
ComputerConfig/../AdministrativTemplates/Network/NetworkConnections/Windows Firewall/Dom-Profile /
does the same if you use the correct rule ( not sure about that )

ok, set the Firewall as described. :-) So happy to follow "instructions france" har har...

Test it.... yes, worked well! Thank you Winfried!
Mar 25, 2015 at 11:12 AM
Fine, thanks for response. ;)

You can write a documention in english or in german and send it to the developer, i know he will publish it. ;)
Mar 25, 2015 at 1:32 PM
So happy to follow "instructions france" har har...
The documentation is in English, only screenshots are from a French server. This is for two reasons :
  • Mainly, because French screenshots are nicer.
  • And more seriously, I don't have English servers.
If you can take screen captures from your own servers, you can send it to me : package.publisher@free.fr
Mar 25, 2015 at 1:50 PM
Hi,
it was no problem, only funny, because I see not so much documentations with france screenshots.
If I make screenshots from my server, its the same problem, because my server speak german, an so all other people in the world smirk har har har :-) :-)

cordialement, Sirko