This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

not applicable or failed

Topics: Publishing Issue
Jul 16, 2015 at 9:14 AM
Hi,

with lateste flash player 18.0.0.209 from catalog we have 37 installed/26 not applicable and 2 failed. I was looking to "IsInstalled" and "IsInstallable" rules. I was aslo looking to windowsupdatelog to, but I don't find what is wrong

Could you please tel me how can I debug "not applicable" and "failed" status.

Thank you
Editor
Jul 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Which Flash exactly you will install? ActiveX or/and Plugin? ActiveX only up to W7, in W8 and higher Flash Player comes through Windows Update/WSUS.

I think the failed is on W8 Clients. If yes, you have to create a new Rule, LowerW8Clients.
Jul 16, 2015 at 4:38 PM
It's windows 7 32bit.. all computers are same from same deployment. And it's activex. Plugin is installed automaticly with latest chrome update.
Editor
Jul 16, 2015 at 7:16 PM
Run the MSI, downloaded from here: http://www.adobe.com/de/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html, manually on one or two Testclients. If it fails, you can download the UninstallFlashplayer.exe and try to deinstall FlashPlayer. https://helpx.adobe.com/de/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html After this, try install again through Windows Update.
Jul 17, 2015 at 3:06 AM
I can install msi manualy without problem. After uninstall the "failed" status change to the "not applicable" grrr.
Editor
Jul 17, 2015 at 5:51 AM
In admin Commandline:

net stop wuauserv
rd /s /q %windir%\SoftwareDistribution
del %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log
net start wuauserv
wuauclt /detectnow
wuauclt /reportnow

Wait 10 Minutes.
Jul 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2015 at 2:04 PM
...it's looks that the main problem is, that the package imported from adobe catalog is only update not for new installation. I was install on problemed computer previous version of flashplayer and now the update comes up.

Interesting for me is, that I clear all install/update rulles, that the update did not show up
Marked as answer by DCourtel on 7/17/2015 at 7:06 AM
Dec 30, 2015 at 2:04 PM
How to deal with a new install flash player to clean computer? I use SCUP catalog, but their packages it's work only as an update.