updates not being seen by clients

Topics: Publishing Issue
Nov 12, 2015 at 3:39 PM
I have set up wsus server with package publisher installed, I have got adobe reader and java updates assigned and approved and the wsus clients are still not seeing then available updates.

I have put in the required certificate into a gpo to install on the client, not errors are reported. the software sees the clients ok, can do other admin tasks e.g reboot client, and view update status but is still refusing to have the updates acknowledge by the client desipate the published updating being in the UpdateServicesPackages folder on the wsus server.

any help would be great.
Editor
Nov 13, 2015 at 6:03 AM
Pls read the documentation: https://www.codeplex.com/Download?ProjectName=WsusPackagePublisher&DownloadId=663365
Do you have publish the Update in WPP for the right group? Whiich rules you are using?
Nov 13, 2015 at 8:46 AM
i have now found the catalogue option for adobe reader and standard updates are now working, just java now not working and I am not able to find the catalogue to do this. I also need to find catalogues for Java and shockwave and air.
Editor
Nov 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM
There are no catalogs for Java or other.

What is not working with Java Updates?
Nov 13, 2015 at 12:10 PM
the client is not seeing the updates that I create that are not catalogs, even though I have followed the documentation here., doesn't matter if .msi or msp. Just says windows is up to date.
Editor
Nov 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM
OK, once again: Which rules you are using? Do you have publish the Update in WPP for the right Group in WSUS?
Nov 13, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Go it working now, I needed to extracted the msi from the execuable I downloaded. I just need to customise it to remove the old version and turn off autoupdate. Tested with other programs I had issues with and this is now working too, as rules were not being configured at all in the wizard until I extracted them.