Support for Modern Apps ?

Topics: Enhancement Request, Feature Request
Sep 27, 2016 at 2:26 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2016 at 2:29 PM
Because future dont stopped :-), I checked out the MS Business Store. One possibillity ist to download Modern Apps, licensed and packaged for offline deployment.
You get a .json file with Metadata, a Appx for x64 and a Appx for x86. And you generate a License file .xml .

Now, we need the Deployment Configuration for WPP. Maybe it will be a good Idea to release a new feature and implement the Modern Apps.

For actual WPP - what will be the best steps to deploy MApps? Is ist possible?
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2016 at 4:37 PM
The good question is : Does Wsus support Modern Apps ?
You can only publish EXE, MSI and MSP files on Wsus.
Sep 27, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2016 at 7:44 AM
Yes and No.
You can copy files to different client locations with WPP, this can be part one.

Offline deployment based on sideloading ( I think so ). So you only need two Powershell instructions (import , add ) to install the app.

I think, if it is possible to realize this steps you can package it in a update.

Im not sure of that, but there possibilities for SCCM (ofcourse), so - why not looking for a WPP workaround.

Ofcourse, it is not a traditional deployment, but there are only two posibillities for MApps. Online Licensing - and with Azure AD. Or offline, using a deployment tool...hmmm...

A second way - W 1607 included a App Installer for easyser App Installation. Maybee it is possible to use it for a deployment.
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2016 at 5:40 AM
Hi, do you have any documentations which I can work with ?
Oct 24, 2016 at 8:36 AM
Not sure what you need.

I only read this post,
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/appinstaller/2016/05/27/app-installer/

and after business store was open I make the steps manual: Download it from BStore on a Software deployment folder, dobble click the .ppax and install it on a Client.

Same working stepps like installing a .exe, but ofcourse, the background is completly different.

A attractive Test-App is the Periodic System, aviable in different Licence Versions for online AND offline deployment.

I can assist as beta tester, but not more, sorry :-)