How to deny installation for a single computer?

Topics: Configuration Issue
Mar 16 at 10:45 AM
Edited Mar 16 at 11:08 AM
Hi,

I've used WPP for some time now but with version 1.3.1702.10 denial of software installation for a single computer is different as far as i can compare it to earlier versions (edit. same behaviour with fromer version)

My situation: computer-01 is member of two groups:
  • wpp_supportstaff
  • wpp_NotApproved_Flash
When approving e.g. Adobe Flash Player to group wpp_supportstaff and set "Not Approved" for the second group "wpp_NotApproved_Flash", in the past computer-01 doesn't get this flash update. Now Approval is "Install".

How do you make exception for one computer (which should not receive an update), which belongs to group for there is an approval? I have several exceptions for single computers and creating a second group for which Approval is denied does the trick in the past. Or dou i have to reorganize my WSUS groups?

bye
Hannes
Mar 23 at 1:35 PM
I use a other way.

I have a WSUS)-group for every Software. ( Flash, Reader, Firefox ...)
If I generate a new Flash player update, I approve the update only to group "Flash". If the client isnt part of group "Flash", he doesnt get it. Finish. But ofcourse its possibe to be member of group "Reader" or anything else. So it is not nessasary to create exeptions.

I dont know why your update status was "not approved" in the past. In my opinion he must be "approved", if the client is in one approved group.